Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday EP to Do Bong Rips To

  The "Chapters" EP by Implosive Disgorgance was not only my first real exposure to the punishing hybrid of death/grind but is also probably my favourite and the go to example I give out to people when discerning the fine lines between death metal, grind and the coalesced hybrids they produce. This short mama jamma of pure speed and rage came out way back in 2005 and has continued to feel like a punch in the face with every subsequent listen ever since.
  Three man detuned death influenced grind. Straight up, packed with lots of fucking stupid blasting with heavy as fuck slamming breackdowns. The vocals are amazing and inhuman, reminding me of a less squeely Joe Horvac(from CoDC, whom is over deserving of a post from me) and were done when these guys were 17. 17! I knew back then these kids had a future, and a bright shining one it's been. If this EP was much longer I could see it becoming rife with formulaic song writing which would render it almost boring and leaving no impact on me. They do a lot of gutteral vocals/riffs/blasting into sludgy heavy as fuck breakdowns, though it's varied a little from song to song showing their maturation and desire to write good songs. I could try to pick a favourite song but really each one has one or two parts that makes it stand out so it's not worth my time to go into details. You should just get high and grind.
 Florida produces tons of amazing bands, and this is just one more of them. If Cellgraft would have been around in the early 2000's I could have seen them sharing members, and maybe Maruta being a little less boring. No offense Maruta. You were a great band, but I could get bored with your 2+ minute songs. But I digress. Implosive Disgorgance was a short lived, amazing band worthy of your praise. They put out an album after this EP but I've yet to hear anything from it, although I know for a fact it does exist. I've seen it floating on the internet here and there but have always been unable to catch a good version of it. There also appear to be a couple other EPs floating about with their name on it, but again I haven't actually heard any of the music.

"INHALE! THIS REEFER!"

No comments: